WHAT IS CARDIOVASCULAR HEALTH?
The heart, circulatory system, the blood vessels, and the approximately five liters of blood that the blood vessels transport make up the cardiovascular system.
This system is responsible for pushing blood to the organs, tissues, and cells, and for transporting oxygen, nutrients, hormones, and cellular waste products throughout the body. The oxygen and nutrient-rich blood that bring life and health to all cells, also transport Essential Oils.
CARDIOVASCULAR FUN FACTS
- Did you know that if you stretched everything out, end to end, arteries, veins, and capillaries, the cardiovascular system would stretch 60,000 miles?
- Here is a little math for you. Your heart beats 80 beats per minute, 4,800 beats per hour, 115,200 beats per day and 42,048,000 beats per year! If you take 42,048,000 and multiply by your age, you can calculate how many times you heart has beaten your entire lifetime.
- Did you know that our veins are blue because of light waves? Our blood is always red, not blue, but as light goes through the skin, it illuminates our veins, making them appear blue.
- How big is your heart? Can you make a fist? That's how big your heart is.
- Laughter is good for your heart. Laughter can send 20% more blood flowing through your body.
- Both sides of the heart have different functions. The right side pumps blood to the lungs and the lungs give the blood oxygen that is carried back to the heart where the left side can then take the oxygen and distribute it to the rest of your body.
OILS FOR CARDIOVASCULAR HEALTH
Singles oils that support cardiovascular health include: Black Pepper, Cypress, Geranium, Helichrysum, and Ylang Ylang. And blends: Cleansing Blend and Massage Blend, along with the Cellular Vitality Complex.
OILS TO SUPPORT HEALTHY ARTERIES
The oils that support healthy arteries are: Arborvitae, Basil, Cardamom, Cinnamon, Cypress, Juniper Berry, Lavender, Marjoram, Rosemary, Sandalwood, Wild Orange, and Protective Blend. Known as the “tree of life,” ARBORVITAE is majestic in size and abundant in unique benefits. ARBORVITAE Essential Oil is concentrated in tropolones, such as hinokitiol, which are a group of chemical compounds that protect against environmental and seasonal threats and have powerful purifying properties. These compounds also contribute to ARBORVITAE’s natural insect repellent properties. Thujic acid, another tropolone found in ARBORVITAE, has been studied for its ability to protect against common threats in the environment. Native to Canada, all parts of the ARBORVITAE tree were used extensively by Native Americans for health benefits and for building vessels, totem poles, baskets, and clothing. Because of its natural preserving properties, ARBORVITAE prevents wood from rotting, which makes it popular in woodcraft and for preserving natural wood surfaces.
- Protects against environmental and seasonal threats.
- Powerful cleansing and purifying agent.
- Natural insect repellent and wood preservative.
- Add a few drops to a spray bottle with water and spray on surfaces or hands to protect against environmental threats.
- Apply to wrists and ankles while hiking.
- Diffuse to purify the air and to repel insects inside the home.
- Mix four drops of Arborvitae Essential Oil and two drops of Lemon Essential Oil for a natural wood preservative and polish.
- Use during meditation for a sense of peace and calm.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
DIFFUSE: Use three to four drops in the diffuser of your choice. TOPICAL: Apply one to two drops to desired area. Dilute with Fractionated Coconut Oil to minimize any skin sensitivity.
OILS TO SUPPORT HEALTHY ARTERY WALLS
Essential Oils that support healthy artery walls include: Arborvitae, Basil, Black Pepper, Cardamom, Cypress, Frankincense, Ginger, Helichrysum, Juniper Berry, Lime, Marjoram, Rosemary Sandalwood, and Ylang Ylang. YLANG YLANG Essential Oil is derived from the star-shaped flowers of the tropical YLANG YLANG tree and is used extensively in making perfumes and in aromatherapy. Similar to Jasmine, YLANG YLANG has been used for centuries in religious and wedding ceremonies. In aromatherapy, YLANG YLANG is used to lessen tension and stress and to promote a positive outlook. YLANG YLANG is frequently used in luxurious hair and skin products for its scent and nourishing and protective properties. Taken internally, YLANG YLANG provides antioxidant support. YLANG YLANG blends well with Bergamot, Geranium, Grapefruit, and Vetiver.
- Provides antioxidant support.
- Promotes appearance of healthy skin and hair.
- Lifts mood while having a calming effect.
- Promotes healthy libido.
- Supports feelings of relaxation.
- Put YLANG YLANG into an Epsom Salt bath for relaxation.
- Refresh your skin with an aromatherapy steam facial using YLANG YLANG Essential Oil.
- Put on your wrists for a sweet, floral perfume.
- Add YLANG YLANG to Fractionated Coconut Oil for a deep hair conditioner.
- Take internally for antioxidant support.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
DIFFUSION: Use three to four drops in the diffuser of your choice. INTERNAL USE: Dilute one drop in 4 fl. oz. of liquid. TOPICAL USE: Apply one to two drops to desired area. Dilute with Fractionated Coconut Oil to minimize any skin sensitivity. See additional precautions below.
Possible skin sensitivity. Keep out of reach of children. If you are pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor’s care consult your physician. Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears, and sensitive areas.
QUESTIONS TO THINK ABOUT
How many people do you know that need Cardiovascular Support? Which fun fact was new to you? Which one of the benefits or uses of Arborvitae Essential Oil appeals to you most? Which one of the benefits or uses of Ylang Ylang Essential Oil Appeals to you most?